The Old School House is Outstanding!
We were awarded ‘Outstanding’ in our most recent Ofsted inspection. Here’s a summary of the Inspector’s key findings:
- The managerial team is exceptionally enthusiastic and its continuous ambition for improvement is reflected in all aspects of the setting. It leads an enthusiastic team who work extremely hard to make continuous improvements to children’s outcomes.
- Staff use Montessori teaching methods extremely effectively. They build on children’s own ideas in play extremely well and consistently encourage them to think and solve problems. Children make excellent progress from their starting points in learning.
- The manager and staff work together extremely closely to monitor children’s development. They ensure that all children make consistently high rates of progress and any gaps in learning are acted on immediately such as through individual learning plans. This fully supports all groups of children including those with additional needs.
- Staff are extremely nurturing and attentively meet all children’s needs. They act as excellent role models and children behave exceptionally well. Staff consistently use exemplary methods to encourage children to be respectful and considerate of others.
- Staff provide parents with extensive support. They continuously share children’s next steps in learning and actively encourage parents to contribute their children’s achievements from home. Parents are completely engaged in their children’s learning.