We’re looking for a Deputy Manager to join the team in this mid-sized, up market, all-year-round setting based in a pretty building on the outskirts of Uckfield.
The nursery is led by an experienced floor-based Manager, the children are lovely, and the parents supportive of the educational experience we provide for the children.
You’ll be someone who is passionate about children’s development and teaching children new skills. Perhaps you’re a senior practitioner looking to take the next step in their career. Whoever you are, we’ll provide you the support you need to do a great job.
- As a Deputy Manager, to stand in for the Manager for a couple of sessions a week. We will give you the training you need to safely and effectively run the nursery when needed.
- As a Key Person, to really get to know the children and to develop a strong bond with their parents.
- You’ll be motivated, a leader, proactive, honest, trustworthy. Consistency is the key.
- You’ll have a combination of strong leadership and teamworking skills, so that you can motivate the staff and help them become outstanding practitioners.
- You’ll have a very good understanding and knowledge of the EYFS framework and safeguarding, so that you are able to run the nursery in the absence of the Manager.
- You’ll need to be articulate and confident. As a Deputy, you’ll need to be capable of developing a partnership with staff and parents.
- As observations and planning are important you’ll need a good level of written English.
- You will need to be able to adapt and work in different group ages if necessary.
- A Level 3 Childcare qualification or above is required.
Rewards and benefits
- £23,000 to £25,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- 28 days annual leave plus 2 additional wellbeing days.
- Full time.
- Company pension.
- Training – we offer lots of opportunities to develop professionally.
- Support – we’ll help you get to know our systems and how you can develop professionally.
To apply, email us, attaching your CV. We’ll respond to you straight away and the process will be thorough, but fast. You could have a new job in no time at all!
School House Nurseries follow a safer recruitment and selection process. Following an interview and work trial you will be expected to pass the referencing stage and pass a full / enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Application deadline: Friday 10th September.