If you’re an Early Years Educator or Nursery Practitioner, now is a great time to improve your pay and hours.
The salary for this position is £11.50ph to £12.00ph (£23,920 to £24,960pa); four-day weeks are possible; the Manager is floor-based and able to support you and advance your career; and you’ll join an established but welcoming team of teachers, practitioners, and our own bank staff.
We asked our staff team what it’s like to work in this small, child-centric, all-year-round nursery. This is what they said:
- “The children are amazing! From taking their first ever steps with me at nursery to seeing them writing their name is amazing!”
- “The classroom is a calm, stimulating and inviting place to learn.”
- “Over my time working here I’ve realised how independent and engaged the children are with their activities. I love watching the children learn and grow and become inspired, knowing I am a part of that experience.”
- “I honestly feel like I am treated like a human being. My manager always goes above and beyond to support me and make me feel comfortable.”
We’re based in Uckfield, in a pretty building with good transport links and free parking nearby. The nursery itself is calm and happy. The Manager is on hand to guide new joiners and respond to your needs. We are very focused on helping staff reach their life and career objectives.
So why not speak to us on the phone or come along to see for yourself?
- To get to know the children and their families. (You’ll develop a strong bond with children and parents and become an important part of their family life.
- To help the children learn new skills and independence.
- To plan the children’s activities. Our paperwork is kept to a minimum so you can spend time with the children.
- Level 3 Childcare qualification or above. (Level 2s who would like to train are welcome to apply).
- Good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- You’ll need to be articulate and confident. You’ll be a Key Person capable of developing a partnership with parents.
Rewards and benefits
- £11.50 – £12.00 per hour (£23,920 to £24,960pa).
- 28 days annual leave plus 2 well being days.
- 4 day weeks are possible.
- Company pension.
- Support – we’ll help you get to know the job with induction training and you will be given a mentor from the senior team.
- Smart / casual dress code (no uniform).
To apply, email us, attaching your CV.
School House Nurseries follow a safer recruitment and selection process. Following an interview you will be expected to pass the referencing stage and pass a full / enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Application deadline: Sunday 30th October.